1. For the love of god (and clean white pillowcases everywhere) never, ever, ever sleep in your makeup on.
Sleeping in your makeup can result in unnecessary exposure to the free radicals in th e environment, which the makeup holds on to,” says Dr. Schweiger. Read more
2. Use petroleum jelly/eye cream to remove eye makeup or correct a cat-eye gone wild instead of stinky chemical removers.
3. Exfoliate before shaving! Get a sugar scrub and do work on those scaly limbs.
4. Do not wash your hair everyday! Find a hairstyle you can wear “dirty” and learn to love dry shampoo!
5. Use your favorite bronzer as your eyeshadow too for a beautiful natural look in the summer or spring
6. Don’t buy brush cleanser. Buy a spray bottle and some cheap toner and spray it on makeup brushes for a very effective makeup brush cleanser/sanitizer.
7. Small drop of eye makeup remover (very small drop!!) in mascara that is drying up. Makes it last like a week longer.
8. Exfoliating Lip scrub made of olive oil and sugar. Rub it all over and wash off. Lick off whatever remains. Tastes amazing, does the job, and is about 1/100 the cost of Lush’s lip scrub.
9. Hair serums are bullshit – Use coconut oil. It’s natural, healthier, makes your hair shiny, bouncy and more manageable if your hair is naturally coarse.
if your hair is naturally curly and you’re wearing a straight style – ONLY STRAIGHTEN AND WASH YOUR HAIR ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK. It’s less drying and you are doing less damage. Wear a shower cap.
10. Scarves are okay for spring and summer. Cute way to add pop and sophistication to any outfit.
11. Brush the hair gently in the morning, if there a tangles deal with them first then brush through, to avoid hurting her if there are tangles, hold the strand above the knot to avoid pulling the scalp.
15 I love using facial masks and some of them can be a bit drying. Before applying most masks, I massage my face with coconut oil.
16. I sometimes use a face mask made from turmeric mixed with enough yogurt to form a paste.
This mask always leaves my skin rosy and glowing and smooth but be warned– it will stain anything that isn’t skin or tile.
17. Always wash your face at night, no matter how tired you are.
Basically throughout the day, even if you don’t wear makeup (or especially if you do), your face still gets “dirty”. Then sleeping on a dirty face = dirty pillow = clogged pores/acne. Maybe not to that extent for everyone, because I know plenty of people who don’t wash their face at night and their skin doesn’t look bad. For me though, this cleared any and all acne problems I was having. Hope that makes sense!
18.Let you’re skin breathe, try and take some time each week with just clean moisturized skin with no products.
I know it’s not feasible for everyone but a good pair of sunglasses if going in public helps
19. Get the proper lighting set up in your makeup area, if you can.
You want light evenly around you and sunlight is best. I see so many women wearing either too much or the wrong shade of foundation.
20. Use Coconut oil as moisturizer.
I stopped using my expensive moisturizers and switched to coconut oil. Since then I’ve had no drying issues and no breakouts. And my skin looks great. Coconut oil is a natural antiviral, so it really is good for any skin type.
Read more: Coconut Oil for hair
21 Make up is not at all a way to show you care about yourself.
Make sure you are taking good care of yourself. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid processed foods. Stay hydrated, avoid sugary beverages. Get enough sleep at night, figure out what the right amount of sleep is for you. Exercise on a regular basis, it doesn’t have to be super intense it can be things like gardening or going for a walk, just move.
22. Go with Natural Oils for Hair
I don’t put anything in my hair…ever. I wash it with literally just water, every other day maybe. The natural oils (read my previous post about natural oils I used ) make it look amazing. I can do cool stuff like twirl it around my finger to get some curls, and I can braid it into a giant bohemianesque braid that stays all by itself (no conditioner either).
I used to wash and condition every day, and would straighten it til it was perfect but due to a guy I’ve been dating the past year and a half, I’ve learned to love how it looks naturally. And other people love it too 🙂
23. Do not compare yourself
I wasted years trying and amending myself and the best version of myself was always here all along! Easier said than done though. I now compare in a healthy way by learning and seeing what a girl did with her hair and seeing if it’d suit me instead of getting down about it all.
24.Go with Green Energy Drinks
Learn to love raw veggies before you’re 25. Eat meat and veggies and please, Rora6, if you even think of being a vegetarian, imagine what you will look like 30 lbs heavier for the duration! Learn more green food recipes here.
25. Never start smoking!
Smoking one cigarette interferes with your body’s healing ability for two weeks.