Argan oil, which is extracted from the kernels of argan fruit trees, is high in essential fatty acids, vitamin E, and other antioxidants. I use this nutrient-rich oil as a hair treatment at least once every month to help grow and maintain long, luscious, healthy hair!
Just a couple weeks after applying a few drops almost every day post-shower and my hair is SIGNIFICANTLY softer. It is also much less frizzy (though not 100% perfect) and more manageable. If you’re thinking about it, and you want to smooth or soften your hair, I give pure argan oil a thumbs-up.
- Argan oil is sensitive to light, so the bottle should be dark (and kept in a dark place)
- it is also sensitive to heat. It should not be heated after or during processing, since this breaks down some of the substances responsible for its effects. You want cold-pressed.
- Argan oil intended for cooking isn’t going to work as well for hair or skin, since the seeds are toasted before being ground up. It’ll have a much stronger smell and be heavier.
- You only need a teeny-tiny bit. My hair falls just past my shoulders and I use about four or five drops (and rub the excess into my cuticles).
- You can apply it before a shower (give it an hour or so) or after. If it weighs your hair down, I would apply it before so you can rinse out excess.
- Be careful if you are trying to go ‘cone free: lots of products that advertise argan oil as a solution for frizziness include silicones as well.
You can get Pure argan oil on 20% Discounts. Shop Argan Oil
✔SALE: 38% OFF
Price: $48.00 Deal Price: $29.99
Argan Oil Benefits
One thing I always say to my readers, whether they buy argan oil from Sheer argan or from somebody else is to ask when was produced and at what temperature to be stored. Josie Maran’s for example doesn’t tell you those things. One of my friend used to buy few bottles of argan oil from QVC when they have them on sale and they last 3 or 4 years she said. Here is the problem, mechanically pressed argan oil has a shelf life of up to 20 to 24 months.). It’s only during this period that you would benefit from all the argan nutrients. So the key here for producers to produce small/enough quantity and for the consumers to look for small companies which knows the product very well.