Just a couple weeks after applying a few drops almost every day post-shower and my hair is SIGNIFICANTLY softer. It is also much less frizzy (though not 100% perfect) and more manageable. If you’re thinking about it, and you want to smooth or soften your hair, I give pure argan oil a thumbs-up.
- Argan oil is sensitive to light, so the bottle should be dark (and kept in a dark place)
- it is also sensitive to heat. It should not be heated after or during processing, since this breaks down some of the substances responsible for its effects. You want cold-pressed.
- Argan oil intended for cooking isn’t going to work as well for hair or skin, since the seeds are toasted before being ground up. It’ll have a much stronger smell and be heavier.
- You only need a teeny-tiny bit. My hair falls just past my shoulders and I use about four or five drops (and rub the excess into my cuticles).
- You can apply it before a shower (give it an hour or so) or after. If it weighs your hair down, I would apply it before so you can rinse out excess.
- Be careful if you are trying to go ‘cone free: lots of products that advertise argan oil as a solution for frizziness include silicones as well.
You can get Pure argan oil on 20% Discounts. Shop Argan Oil